Apply until 06/11/2018 23:59 CET
Discipline: Translation Studies Focused on Cultural Transfer
100% Assistant professor tenure track
Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
Reference number: 201809/LW/ZAP/005
The job offer can be seen on the intern and/or extern web page.
- have high-level academic research experience in the field of Translation Studies focused on cultural transfer, which can be corroborated by publications in quality, peer-reviewed, academic journals and books;
- should have demonstrable expertise in the department’s research field of translation and culture;
- are capable of initiating and supervising academic research and collecting the necessary funds for this;
- should possess the necessary didactic skills to help university students develop and achieve academic competences;
- should be able to demonstrate experience in academic teaching
- Should have a knowledge of Dutch and of one or more languages taught at the department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication at C2-level.
- being internationally mobile, inter alia by taking part in research programmes at research institutions not linked to the university where the highest degree was obtained, will be considered an asset;
- having positively evaluated experience in offering and/or organising academic training is recommended;
- involvement in the professionalisation of education will be considered an asset;
- having translated in the field of culture in general is recommended.
For further information regarding these vacancies, please contact Professor Veronique Hoste (veronique.hoste@UGent.be) at the faculty of Arts and Philosophy, department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication.