CLIV aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Act as a mediating platform of research output in the field of literature in translation, on a graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral level;
- Share research experiences and align research themes through the organisation of lectures, workshops, seminars and colloquia;
- Promote joint publications, joint PhD supervision and joint applications of research projects. The key research aim of these initiatives should be to expose and understand the translator’s agency in literary translation. Research will consider case studies of translations as cultural products as well as theoretical implications of the topics addressed;
- Look for institutional partnerships with national and international partners in the field;
- Embed this research in the curriculum related to literary translation at Ghent University and the VUB and disseminate research findings through guest lectures or translation workshops.